[evlatests] Some Good WIDAR news

George Moellenbrock gmoellen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 4 16:13:29 EDT 2009

Hi Eric-

Thanks for the clarification.  Glad to hear BPASS is ok.

Another aspect of BPASS I don't fully understand is the "channel zero
normalization".  Could pilot error in this area be relevant to the present
question?  I.e., this normalization takes out something that CALIB,
working on a chunk split out from the whole, manages to see and correct
successfully.  I gather that estimates like "channel zero" will tend to be
optimal for the band center when the residual errors are monotonic in
frequency (like the wobbling delays).

I, too, am generally suspicious of Rick's averaging step...

-George