[evlatests] Antenna 8 polarization

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 30 18:53:42 EDT 2009

If you want to do something drastic to evaluate absolute polarization,
just put up a receiver without the hybrid.  If the circular feed, which
is supposed to provide E_v + i*E_h and E_v - i*E_h is really providing
E_v + x*E_h and E_v-y*E_h, where x and y are complex numbers near i,
on an unpolarized source, the crossed 'hands' directly give x and y
(after calibration with the parallel 'hands').