[evlatests] EVLA test meeting / phase vs. elevation

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 22 19:35:11 EDT 2009

                         Summary

-  EVLA spec is 20deg phase change, at Q band, over say 10-80deg
    elevation change. This is tough but achievable, I believe.

-  This gives ~1mas astrometry on ~few mJy sources in A array.

-  Right now we get about 3 to 15 times worse than that, antenna
    specific. Phase change with elevation is 10-60 deg at X band.

-  After much testing, both L301 and L302 LO modules are accused.
    Again, this is antenna dependent, some are worse than others.

    We have some idea about which components to blame, but all is
    Not clear. We can discuss the details and future test plans
    tomorrow.

-  Mainly, a decision on priorities is needed - how much effort on
    this long-term goal vs. others more urgent.

Vivek.