[evlatests] Bizarre phases on first scan.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:53:32 EDT 2009

I hope this is an isolated oddity, but worth watching for a new feature.

I ran a test yesterday which had these scans in sequence:

3C84 X band, 10s integration, 10min long - looks like the phase rate did
      did not update after the start. Phases at scan start look consistent
      with later (good) scans, i.e. the correct phase, rate and acceleration
      got there at start, but were not updated till the next scan. (Updates
      should occurr every 10 sec). Even more curious, some antennas -
      1,2,3,4,5,6,7,17 were unaffected. 10,12,22 may not have got a model at
      all, the phases appear incoherent till the pointing scan.

A sample plot is attached.

3C84, X band, pointing (10s integration) - worked fine, phases good.

3C84, X band, Orion Q band, Orion K band, all 0.4s integration, all fine.