[evlatests] setup failures

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu May 29 17:15:50 EDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Bryan Butler wrote:

> any idea if this is because the messages weren't sent (on time), weren't
> received (on time), or weren't executed properly (on time)?

I did not look at it in detail, but subreflectors are known
to not always work when commanded.  Steve is aware of this
and there is a long term plan to address it.

The L302 get commanded every ten seconds, so it just decided
not too lock this time.  The usual cure when this is seen
is to command it to some random frequency and then back to
the frequency you really want.  Switching between bands is
an equivalent remedy.