[evlatests] 33144 MHz -- Indirect Path

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 12 12:17:19 EDT 2008

    Excellent news.

    The 33144 MHz tests, using the 'indirect path' in IF 'B' give
*exactly* the same results for all antenna parameters (except efficiency
-- see below).  The data are of superb quality and stability.

    The efficiency data taken in the mode are quite a bit better than
the direct path -- but the path has nothing to do with it.  The current
script does not do a real 'off-source' observation (Bryan -- we need to
fix this!), so the real baseline is hard to determine.  These 'indirect
path' data give a Tant = 2.1 K, which leads to an efficiency of 49%, for
a 24 Jy source, and presuming the baseline I used is correct.