[evlatests] 12.5 MHz sensitivity, and autocorrelation spectra

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 28 13:27:01 EDT 2008

I checked some of my archival data, looking for evidence of
'misbehavior' to explain the loss of sensitivity at 12.5 MHz BW in my
x-band tests taken over the weekend.

1) Spectral line mode data taken last week, at 50 and 25 MHz BW, in mode
'1A' at C-band show no sign of anything unusual in the autocorrelation
spectra.  I did not take observations at 12.5 MHz BW in those tests.
    2) Spectral line mode data taken a few months ago at 12.5 MHz BW
(mode 'PA' and 'PB'), at L-band, also show no unusual features in the
autocorrelation spectra.

    I plan to utilize the next available empty 'dynamic' time to look
for problems of this type at X-band, 12.5 MHz BW.