[evlatests] Good P-band news

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 17 10:10:39 EST 2008

    We reviewed the system status yesterday evening.  This note concerns
P-band only.    There were two observations, taken about 15 minutes apart.

    Overall, the array is working better at this band than I've ever
seen before.  But there are lots of (relatively) minor issues.

    A)  No fringes from 1, 13, or 16.  (The last of these is of course
expected, as it has no receiver).

    B) Poor sensitivity from:  19A and 19C,  18B.  (Sensitivity reduced
by factor of about 5).  Very poor sensitivity from 23B (reduced by a
factor of about 100).   The first observation showed very poor
sensitivity in 26B (low by a factor of ~100), but normal sensitivity
returned for the 2nd scan.  For these IFs, the data were flagged as good.

    C)  19B was flagged as bad, but the data showed normal sensitivity
and stability.

    From the VLA antennas, I note that 28D has low sensitivity (by a
factor of about 6).