[evlatests] EVLA Status, Wednesday 9 Jan

Charles Kutz ckutz at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 10 09:49:30 EST 2008

P-Band:
        Antenna 1 does not have the T301 installed yet. All FE cable
repairs are complete.
         Antenna 13 is being worked on. It should not be working in any
IF from all appearances, it has a very high level CW spike at 333MHz in
all IFs. This problem is proving to be difficult to track down. The
first receiver pulled for a similar behavior checked out fine on the
bench. We took another look yesterday afternoon and are taking more
measurements today and also taking out yet a third receiver just in case.
         Antenna 26 LCP is broke, there is a WO on it and we are trying
to get to it.

Q-Band:
        Antenna 1 does not yet have its Q-Band installed. It is almost
ready.

hot/cold test last week, but bad weather prevented making any attempts.
The Tsys calculated at the T5 agrees with stress test observations. FE
needs to run the H/C test asap.

K-Band:
       FE will investigate.

Chuck