[evlatests] last bit of VLA data still bad

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 7 21:25:29 EST 2008

Hi Michael,

It is clear the obs2script bug fix is in and working.

I claim that the last source of your file ended at 18:04:20 IAT and that
everything IDCAF did was fine.  after 18:04:20 IAT, a source called FINISH
at 18:00:00 RA 00:00:00 dec was configured.  This is the standard source
that informs IDCAF not to write more records.  This source was observed,
but not recorded, until 18:05:06 IAT.  It seems the odd end effects you
are seeing are something completely different from previous end-of-expt
problems.  It is suspicious that it is the last 10 seconds of a source and
that a second subarray was running at the same time (sysstartU).  I don't
think this is an IDCAF or obs2script problem.  If you see a source named
"FINISH" in your database then something is wrong with idcaf.  I'm not
sure what could cause screwy amplitudes in the last 10 sec of the file.
It would be good to get feedback from others doing tests or observations
with single subarrays.

WANTED FROM TESTERS -- reports on the end of tests or observations -- are
the last unflagged records good or not?  Does the observation end at the
right IAT time?

-Walter