[evlatests] ea09 working now

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 22 18:30:57 EST 2008

some of the fundamental problems have been understood and fixed.
It now works at L and X bands.  C band will be fixed tomorrow.
A little time will be spent tonight doing X band pointing.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> The polarizations are swapped for the L band receiver.  I was not
> able to tell about C band or X band because of other problems.

It turns out that the swap was between the T302 and the
downconverters.  Swapping the cables from the L band receiver
fixed L band, but not C band.  Rob will fix it properly tomorrow.

> It appears that, at least at L band, the subreflector rotation
> setting is about 150 deg away from the value reported last week.
> Again, I could not verify this at the other bands.

The problem was not the subreflector but pointing.  There was
a one degree change in elevation offset which just happened to
be compensated at L band by rotating the subreflector half a turn.
with the correct elevation collimation the antenna works well
at L, C and X bands.