[evlatests] Ant 9

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 17 17:55:46 EST 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, rlong at nrao.edu wrote:

> Ant 9 is back up and running after some power problems this morning.  The
> only problem left after the power came back is that the F320 will not
> communicate by slot ID # (ea09-F320).  You can look at the F320 through
> the browser using evla-mib-2-B7.evla.nrao.edu.  I have turned on the 9.6
> Hz switching for the front ends so the antenna should be functioning.

An attempt to try ea09 was unsuccessful because of what looks
like an ACU problem.  The antenna was commanded to 38 deg, but
the encoder readout was oscillating between 34 deg and 45 deg.
Motor currents were large and erratic in sign so I had the
operator stow the antenna for the servo group to investigate.