[evlatests] L301 nice/naughty list

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 10 19:21:23 EST 2008

Based on the tests detailed below, the EVLA antennas with BAD L301s
(~60 deg phase change over full elevation range) are: ea11, 17, 21.

GOOD L301s (factor 3-4 better) are: 1, 5, 13, 14, 19.

In between lie ea23, 24, and 26.

These tests were done in late August. Based on this evidence, Keith
got the hardware to use the modified round-trip phase system to look
at changes in the L301 phase vs elevation. The setup is only on ea19
(or is it ea11?)

The combination of L and X-band baseline runs gets the data on all
L301's simultaneously. I am doing this tonight to and will circulate
an updated list.

Vivek.

The tests were to do an all-sky "baseline run" to fit antenna positions
at X band. X band uses L302, no L301. With the fit applied, most of the
phase variations from the L302 plus position errors are flattened.

Then the same type of observation was done at L, C, K bands. These use
the L301 at roughly 13, 15 and 16*2 GHz. Antennas with flat phases after
step 1 at X band, now show variations from the L301 alone. K band shows
double. Q band uses L301*3 but I had to stop somewhere.