[evlatests] Still more on spectral line noise

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 17 11:10:57 EDT 2008

Hi Rick,

   would you learn anything from writing out phased array data while
observing in 12.5 MHz spectral line mode?  Those data go through the
correlator as well, but are written out at higher time resolution and could
be checked with the VLBA correlator for spectral peculiarities.  Recording
with PT at the same time would also allow some cross checks.  I don't know
whether the VLA correlator can write out phased array data when doing
spectral correlations though.

   Also:

   1- I believe you mentioned that 12.5 MHz continuum is fine.  Right?

   2- Might try a "mixed" mode with one IF pair at 12.5 MHz and the other
     at (say) 6.25 MHz.  I believe you could even do this with two of the IFs
     in a single IF pair (i.e., use A at 12.5 MHz and C at 6.25 MHz).

OK, those are my crazy thoughts for the morning...

            Michael