[evlatests] Antennas 13 and 17 ...

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sat Sep 29 21:50:07 EDT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Rick Perley wrote:

>    And, it appears that antenna 13 has (mostly) returned.  In
> Saturday's test, it showed good fringes at L, C, and X bands.  However,
> no fringes at K-band.

A longstanding problem with antenna 13 has been a shift in the
subreflector rotation zero point.  I have mentioned this several
times but have seen no evidence that it has been fixed.  The
zero point has moved by about three or four degrees which makes
K and Q band (even with reference pointing) useless.  Someone
should generate a maint form.  Besides this the operators have
been complaining for a while that the subreflector does not
always move to position  This is an independent problem and
may have been addressed.

If the subreflector is reindexed the rotation settings in the
database will need to be updated.  I can do this if the results
are sent to me.