[evlatests] planet tracking test last thursday

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 29 19:36:31 EDT 2007

strange, since i loaded the data applying the normal flagging, etc., and
there is still data there for all of the calibrator scans - i.e., they
are not flagged as being off-source.  same is true of the various mars &
venus scans.

the bogus pointings are from the "new-style" scans, so i've got some
work to do on that obviously (on how i put it into obs2script, since i
had it right for doing it manually before).  i'll have a look and see
what i screwed up on that.

looking at the venus data more closely, the first venus scan actually
shows venus (it's just weak so didn't show up when looking at the
visibilities) when imaging.  2nd one doesn't though (but this is without
editing).

so, i'm only suspicious now of my new-style tracking - it probably threw
things off so bad by having such atrocious positions that no good data
was taken for mars, or for the 2nd half of the venus part.

	-bryan