[evlatests] Single dish vlbi

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 25 12:21:10 EDT 2007

The autocorrelations might be quite useful for diagnostic purposes.  Is
there any harm in keeping them?

Cheers,

Craig

Walter Brisken wrote:
>>> Spectral line did not work.  I suspect it was the correlator controler
>>> that got unhappy, since idcaf said 'no visibility data received'.
>> Not too surprising.  I will be back next week and will work with
>> Walter to be sure that the correlator controller and idcaf are
>> thinking the same way about this.
>
> It is the reception of data from the correlator that clocks out the idcaf
> records.  Had there been a non-trivial second sub-array, idcaf would
> probably have gotten the data it expected and no complaint would have come
> out.  I can change the write trigger in cases where records without data
> are requested.
>
> For 1 antenna subarrays I'd be tempted to just write out records that have
> four zero length CDAs -- is this legal?  I don't think there is any need
> for the autocorrelations, or is there?
>
> These are easy issues to address, but as Ken says we should probably
> communicate with each other first to make sure we all know what to expect.
>
> -W

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA