[evlatests] Ant 24 X-band

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 19 10:56:12 EDT 2007

Walter,

The monitor point for "observe band select" in the M301 does not work
reliably. It frequently reports "Not Valid Band Select" and returns a
numerical value of zero.  We are aware of this but it may be a while
before it is fixed - it is happening for multiple reasons.  The band
switching in the M301 is actually very reliable so you should be able
to count on it switching when commanded.  If you command it via the
device browser or telnet interface, it switches instantly.  If
commanded via a script thru the executor, give it a minute or so for
the whole system to respond.

Jim