[evlatests] P-Band

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 11 13:09:50 EDT 2007

Since this is essentially a parasitic oscillation, it is hard to pin
it down to a more specific frequency - it could easily move around.
The frequencies you mention are sufficiently close that it will
likely cause problems with the IF A/C T304 ALC and/or overload
problems in the FIR filters in the deformatters.  Depending on the
bandwidth you use, it may or may not affect the T5 ALC.  We are
working on a couple of interim solutions to the problem - either is
sufficiently simple to implement so that Oct 31 date shouldn't be a
problem. Of course the long term solution is redesign/update the
P-band receivers.

Jim