[evlatests] P-Band

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 11 12:06:59 EDT 2007

Do you have a more accurate frequency than "6.7 GHz"?  It is likely to
be outside the band of interest in which I imagine it can be ignored,
but I wanted to raise this flag just in case.

Cheers,

Craig

Charles Kutz wrote:
> For the interim we can power down the EVLA P-Bands for that observation
> if we do not have the "fix" in at that time.
>
> Chuck
>
> Craig Walker wrote:
>> There is going to be a VLBI observation of the methanol maser on
>> October 31 (GB063A) using Y1.  The exact frequency of the maser is
>> 6668.5192 MHz.  The observation will also observe continuum sources
>> using the frequency range 6621-6699 MHz.  Is the "6.7" GHz signal in
>> those bands?
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> Claire Chandler wrote:
>>> They may not affect overall power levels but 6.7 GHz coincides with
>>> the methanol maser frequency and we may have upcoming observations at
>>> this frequency that would be affected.
>>>
>>> Claire

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA