[evlatests] Strange Tsys

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:27:44 EDT 2007

    The best suggestion so far for the Tsys effect is dew on the feeds
-- a clear night, with the DP very close to the air temperature.
(This is confirmed by a look at the dewar temperatures -- which did not
change throughout).
    But we are supposed to have feed heaters to counteract this.  To
explain what we see, all VLA, and most EVLA heaters would have been off
during the run at both C and X bands.  But at K-band, it seems they were
on.

    Can this -- and did this -- happen?