[evlatests] antenna 18 x-band: poor sensitivity

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 28 10:33:15 EST 2007

Hi --

   Tsys for ant. 18 at X-band was reasonable (40 K-ish and stable) on
Nov. 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 24, and 25. On the 26th, Tsys for ant. 18 showed
a steady secular decline on all IFs from ~100 to ~60 K, from 23:00 to
23:50 IAT.  Could this be something like residual ice?  The C band Tsys for
ant. 18 just before this (20:20-22:20) looked quite reasonable, steady at
~35 K.

   Ant. 18 has shown many phase jumps both at C and X bands (maybe others,
I haven't checked) for at least a couple of weeks now.  Because of that
I haven't gone far enough in calibration to check the sensitivity, apart
from noting that it seems roughly in line with the other antennas in terms of
rms noise and gain.

             -- Michael