[evlatests] tests, May 29, 2007

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue May 29 22:17:03 EDT 2007

It seems that alternate days are good and bad.

The good news for today is that the problem with the IF D Fluke
was traced to the CMP and fixed.  I now expect EVLA and VLA
antennas to be coherent on the BD IF pair.

A lot of time was spent trying to track down vispipe and idcaf
interaction problems.  It is not yet clear what, if anything,
is wrong.  Pete, Walter and I need to discuss the symptoms.
In the end the modcomp-free system is not usable overnight.

Modcomp-free P band observations were attempted but with all
the confusion discribed in the previous paragraph it is not
clear what works and what doesn't.

All four IFs do indeed work at antenna 19.  Delays have been
set and attenuator settings deduced for IFs BD at L and X bands.
No attempt has yet been made to look at K band; perhaps tomorrow.