[evlatests] Antennas 3 and 7 -- Modcomp-Free

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue May 22 09:15:45 EDT 2007

    I have previously reported that antennas 3 and 7, when under
Modcomp-Free operations, give essentially no correlation.  I also noted
on Sunday that the bandpass phase seems to alternate by 180 on adjacent
channels.
    Upon closer inspection, it is quite clear that the two antennas have
a *humongous* delay error:  They fringe beautifully against each other,
with a (relatively small) differential delay of ~85 nsec.  Intepreting
the phase oscillation as a delay error sufficient to rotate the phase by
1/2 turn for every channel (separation of 780 kHz), we find a delay of
~650 nsec.  I can't tell the sign.