[evlatests] Ka band and T303

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon May 14 13:03:54 EDT 2007

A propos of the discussion this morning to use the T303 conversion
path, it will become even more important when we begin to use
Ka band.  Because of the restrictions in LO tuning Bob mentioned
the portion of the band below 32 GHz will only be accessible by
using the conversion path.

There are two consequences.  We want everything in place to
routinely use the conversion path before Ka band testing.
And, Ka band receivers should not be placed on antennas
14 or 16 for testing unless they are refurbished with an M301.