[evlatests] modcomp-free holography test today

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon May 7 18:31:31 EDT 2007

13x13 raster holography at X-band with a (nominal) 1 minute calibration
every 4 raster rows.  Dumps every 418 ms.  Reference antennas were 1, 4,
7, 10, ..., 28 (every third antenna by number).

Results:

1. No VLA antenna gave any fringes at all, but plenty of noise Its unclear
if they pointed at all.  The log shows they were included in the array.

2. Antenna 21 had bogus visibility data on all baselines exhibited as
FILLM errors:

FILLM1: MCCHED:  0/20:59:31.3 14 x 21  BAD GAIN EXPONENT    -117
FILLM1: MCCHED:  0/20:59:31.3  3 x 21  BAD GAIN EXPONENT    -117
FILLM1: MCCHED:  0/20:59:31.3 25 x 21  BAD GAIN EXPONENT    -117

3. The first scan of the test was labeled with the wrong source name --
not sure if the problem is with idcaf or executor.  Could this be related
to Rick's troubles today?

4. A timing error that aflicted holography raster rows following
calibration scals has been found.  The problem is in the script I
submitted (originating in the observe file).  There is reason to believe
that if I did not rush the preparation that it would have worked.

5. Antenna 13 was noisier (choppy amplitudes) than the other evla
antennas.

-W