[evlatests] voip phones in antennas

James Robnett jrobnett at nrao.edu
Thu May 3 12:06:57 EDT 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Terry Cotter wrote:

> Here is the current status of the voip phones in the evla antennas
>
>         ant
> 	13         old voip phone does not work
> 	14	   old voip phone does not work
> 	16	   old voip phone does not work

     VoIP->analog boxes for these are configured but
currently not registering reliably.  Today 16 registers,
tuesday it was 14,   last thursday all 3 registered.

> 	17 	   new analog phone it works but seems noisy
> 	18	   new analog phone worked once to call ops but would
> 	           not disconnect maybe an installation problem

      Can't reproduce this.   I can call it.

	19	Analog box is configured but currently
not registering reliably.

> 	21	   new analog phone works fine
> 	23	   new analog phone I get a dial tone and only a busy
> 	           signal when a number is called

	Started failing to register last week.   No
clue why.   Probably related to 13-16 and 19.

> 	24	   new analog phone works fine
> 	26	   new analog phone works fine

    Multitech (manufacturer of MVP boxes) has assigned
an engineer to work with NMT even though it's technically
an Avaya problem.   The engineer looked over our configs
and packet dumps and came to the conclusion it's a resource
or configuration problem at NMT .... handy since that's the
same conclusion I came to about 6 months ago.

     Once they register they seem fine until they unregister
due to power off (ie antenna move).   It's the later problem
I'm trying to solve.

James