[evlatests] Antennas 21 and 24, X-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 28 10:41:22 EDT 2007

    We had a few minutes at the end of software time yesterday to check
EVLA functionality at X-band.

    Antenna 21 gave no fringes on any IF.  The reported backend Tsys
values are quite outrageous:  75, 560, 105, 105 K on IFs A, B, C, and D,
respectively.

    Antenna 24 works fine on IFs A and C, but is dead on B and D.  The
cause is, I believe, known.  The good data seen on A and C is at
variance with last week's results, where 24 B and C (at least) showed
multiple levels of amplitude.  This problem now seems to have vanished.

    Antenna 14C works fine at X-band.  Other data taken yesterday showed
a two-phase state for this antenna-IF -- separated by 150 degrees, but
only at P and L bands.  The data are typically in one phase state for a
few seconds, then switches to the other state.  The switchover time is
on the scale of one second, as we get intermediate phases and reduced
amplitudes for one or two integration periods (0.41 seconds).