[evlatests] more C-band tests

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 23 16:09:06 EDT 2007

Based on my previous results, I did a second C-band sweep, this time
in continuum, and spanning the wider range from 4.0 - 6.5 GHz.  EVLA
antennas used here are numbers 13, 14, 16, 17, and 18.  The attached
graph shows the rms in arbitrary units as a function of frequency in
MHz.  Note the predicted resonance at 6.25 GHz; the IF 2 value is way
off scale here and not plotted.  Beyond this resonance there appear
to be usable frequencies again.  At a later time I plan to better
resolve the resonance with closer spaced frequencies.

This time I also obtained polarization information.  Though not ready
yet to disseminate, first results appear to confirm the prediction
that polarization is reasonably well behaved in the interval from 4.5
to 5.0 GHz, but not outside it.

Gustaaf