[evlatests] C-band, now both IFs

Robert Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 21 16:59:13 EDT 2007

I've already warned Gustaaf & Rick (repeatedly) that the circular
polarization outside 4.5-5.0 GHz will likely be "crap". That being said,
if all they're interested in is intensity, they may find something useful.

By the way, the next Interim C-Band C#9 that we test in the lab will be
done across the full 4-8 GHz bandwidth using hot & cold "bucket" loads
with the bottom half of the C-Band feed attached to the receiver (rather
than just the narrowband Test polarizer). This should give a reasonably
good approximation of a wideband Y-factor measurement.

-Bob