[evlatests] P-band Report

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 19 18:57:14 EDT 2007

That's good news.

When Ken set levels for P-band on 17 and 23 last week, I think he told me
he just used the approximate values I gave him for all IF's on both
antennas to get things close.  Now that we know it works, someone probably
needs to experimentally determine the proper attenuator settings for the
T304's. We don't use the ALC in the T304 at P-band, so all four IF's need
to be done.  Also, the optimal levels and sampler statistics may be
different for P and 4 bands due to the narrow bandwidths involved. Again,
this may require some experimentation to get the levels right.

Jim