[evlatests] [Fwd: EVLA promotion at Alice Springs]

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:58:46 EDT 2007

What Rick doesn't mention is that this presentation also says a lot
about the VLBA, including one slide whose total content is the plea
"Don't let them take our VLBA away".  The VLA will be the survey
instrument that helps you find the interesting sources, but the VLBA is
what is needed to get the galactic dynamics and extragalactic distances
using those sources.

Craig

Rick Perley wrote:
>     For those interested in Karl Menten's presentation at the Alice
> Springs meeting, featuring the EVLA's upcoming capabilities, the link is
> below.  (It's a huge ppt document, so if you want a hard copy, come see
> me, as I've already printed it out).
>     Rick

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA