[evlatests] Ant 21 Status

Michael LeBlanc mleblanc at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 9 17:27:17 EST 2007

To all,

2 issues were found 03/08.

1. 9.6 timing to F14 LEDs erratic.
2. No timing reported @ all D301-4 modules.

Item 1.

Swapped 9.6 Receiver card from VLA spares. The LEDs on the F14 still
erratic. Measured voltages @  PDB. All voltage within spec, but the +7
was changing from 7.15 to 7.29 as measured at the F317-1 harness
connection of the PDB. Normally all voltages are stable.

I also tried moving the DB9 from the lower connection to the top
connection, and all LEDs flashed at the 19.2 rate in sync. I thought
that this might give us some useful info.

Item 2.

Tested the timing @ the D301-4 modules with the Tester and no indication
of timing present.

Replaced the L305 and retested timing,  is now present and the D301-4
modules report timing ticks.

D301 & D303 functioning correctly.
D302 middle channel low suspect tight or dirty connection @ the ant mux
and/or D302 front panel.
D304 channel 3 low suspect tight and/or dirty connection @ the Ant Mux
and/or D304 front panel.

Measured at the demux in control building all channels @ ~ -6.5 except
the 2 channels where @ ~ -8 using the OSA.

The D30X remaining issues will be fixed 3/10. I had to give up the
Antenna so John could perform some work he has been waiting to do.

Thanks,

Mike Le Blanc