[evlatests] Software time Maarch 8

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 8 19:12:53 EST 2007

Things went fairly smoothly with the transition to the Modcomp free system.
There were two fairly minor bugs.  Data is being written to the standard
archive.

Ran with 12 MHz bandwidth continuum mode for an hour.  Data reducers
Rick, Vivek, or Gustaaf, please have a look at things.  In particular,
look for missing integrations, unusual glitches in amplitude or phase,
whether scan header information is at least reasonable if not correct,
whether u,v values are reasonable, whether Tsys is reasonable.  Time
when we where not mucking with the system, approximately 17:48 to 18:55.
Feel free to look at other times, but don't get too upset if things are
unreasonable.

Several antennas initially were not fringing, probably due to a bad
parameter somewhere:  11, 28, 14, 7, 9.  Eventually found most of them
hiding in delay space.

Tried running the standard pointing file.  The antennas were at least
wiggling, though problems prevented Telcal from solving for the pointing
(problems found but not corrected during the test time).

Spend a good deal of time setting delays.  This is a hard slog with
the current version of the delay software.  But I got most of the delays
set for IF A at X band.  (Except for antennas 23 and 24, which were
being worked on, 11, which I never found, and 7, which I got rather
confused about.)

Switching back to Modcomp control went without a hitch.