[evlatests] VLA archive oddities

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 29 16:09:32 EDT 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Walter Brisken wrote:

> The file run by the executor was: 000B124 .  IDCAF demangled this to
> AB124.  The leading zero must have been added by the archive lister.
>
> There is some file name limit somewhere that requires that the portion of
> the filename preceding the . is 7 chars and the first three are reserved
> for LST DAY mod 1000.  To make room the "A" is dropped and if a fourth
> digit exists it will be dropped too.  Archive name problems will be
> resolved soon.

1.  This is a consequence of choosing to use the filename to generate
the program code rather than the program code on the ./ID card and
not telling the operators how to create filenames.

2.  You must allow for four digit program code number parts.
AB1234 should not be confused with AB123 or AB234.

3.  We need a file naming convention very soon that meets all
our requirements and is understandable to the operators.