[evlatests] More on Modcomp-Free test

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Sat Jun 23 17:00:15 EDT 2007

    I wrote in the earlier message that antennas 6 and 8 were dead on
all IFs, at all bands.  This turns out to be not correct.  These two
antennas gave no fringes to any EVLA antenna.  They provided good
fringes to some VLA antennas, and poor fringes (that is, time variable
in the sense described in the earlier message) to others.  The pulsing
pattern therefore doesn't close, suggesting that the origin is in the
correlator.

    I now recall seeing this same pulsing pattern a couple weeks ago, in
a different Modcomp-free test.