[evlatests] Modcomp-free: L-Band

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 15 19:02:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Rick Perley wrote:

>    Can we not define the beginning of a scan as the time when the
> antennas arrive on source, according to some flag level that we can
> adjust?  Then, if we flag data at the highest level (if such levels are
> available) while antennas are in motion, we could arrange for start
> times of scans to occur much as the Modcomps do it now.

I thought of this, but worried about the fact that not
all antennas arrive on source at the same time.  Is it
acceptable to have quack begin and end at different times
for different antennas?  Do you want to start quacking
all antennas whenever any antenna first arrives on source?
If it doesn't work now, it can certainly be made to work.
I would think it could even be made to work if you elect to
fill data regardless of flagging, but that may not be a
good idea.

At the moment I am not sure our antenna-off-source flagging
is reliable to allow this to work, but that will soon be
fixed.