[evlatests] evlatests P band (and 4 band) summary

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 6 19:17:11 EDT 2007

While testing the executor changes made today I was able to survey
the behavior of all the antennas at P band.  Most of the antennas
have P band systems and usable T301s.  I present here only the
problems.  The summary is based only on total power, SD measurements
and spectra taken from the eight bit sampler as it was too windy to
point the antennas.

P band
Antenna 13 looks like it has a working system, but does not.  There
is a reasonable amount of power and non zero synch detector voltages.

Antenna 16 does not work because it lacks an M301 to control the T301.

Antenna 17 needs to have the BD attenuators adjusted.

Antenna 19 is not there at all.  No total power.

Antenna 21 needs to have the BD attenuators adjusted.

Antenna 23 has no 4 meter receiver connected.

Antenna 24 has strange looking spectra.  The BD attenuators need
to be set, but I question doing that until we know everything is
in order.  There is some confusion because the L304 shows that
the antenna is at X band even though P band commands have been
sent to it.

Antenna 26 is not there.  Plenty of noise, but no synch detector.

4 band
Antenna 14 does not seem too happy in IFs C and D.

Antenna 23 has no 4 meter receiver connected.

Chuck was able to obtain spectra from the samplers for all the
working P band antennas.  There seems to be lots of variation in
relative power levels between 75 MHz and 300 MHz among the antennas
and this makes it hard to choose a single FIR gain parameter which
works for all antennas.  I will examine all the plots and provide
a summary of the power levels measured.