[evlatests] AB1254 on July 13

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 27 17:50:27 EDT 2007

AB1254 on July 13 was an observation of Mars by Busch et al. at L-band.

i've copied ed's wording below (thanks, ed :), but the short story is that the
data looks great and there is no need to reobserve...

1.4 GHz, 2 IFs, 2 Pols usual pseudo-continuum (25 MHz, 8 channel) correlator
setup, 1 hour experiment, 3.3sec integration

Observations started on time.  No data on first calibrator, but this was because
of astronomer error (only gave that first scan 29 seconds, which I failed to
catch when proofing the file!).

All other scans just fine, except for normal quacking and one single bad
unflagged record at the end of a single scan.

IF 2, stokes RR, about 200 very high amplitude visibilities on Mars.  Trivial to
see and flag in TVFLG.

antennas:
     11, 25 out; 26 antennas working, 2 IFs, 2 Pols

     no antennas bad for this run

Very little interference

Final interesting tidbit - it is clear that Mars is offset from the field center
in the image.  Since positions were calculated internally within the executor,
it is clear that that mechanism is flawed.  We should be looking at this more
closely next week during testing.