[evlatests] Subarrays

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:33:32 EDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Barry Clark wrote:

> Line mode subarrays seem to work, but it took even longer to get organized.
> Data did not start flowing until after a correlator reconfiguration after
> a scan change in the other subarray.  The amplitudes and delays look
> pretty nominal for these mode 1x observations.  (I had been expecting
> that the low amplitudes in continuum would have been a delay error.)

A bit more information, perhaps useful.  When Barry finished,
I asked the operator to revert to one subarray using Xsysstart.
When he had done so idcaf and the correlator had different
ideas about what they were doing: idcaf wrongly expecting mode
1A line data while the correlator was in continuum.  Restarting
the script brought all into order.