[evlatests] VisPipe/IDCAF testing

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 6 20:34:01 EDT 2007

>From the IDCAF side of things:

1. I fixed a possible "double-reconnect" situation which could end up in a
valid connection net socket being overwritten by an invalid one.  Its not
clear this is ever a problem.

2. A seg fault was fixed.  Only pathalogical cases could trigger this (and
not during a project).

3. I experimented with a few variations on network parameters, but the
realization that there is a problem on the vispipe side made me retract
these changes pending some improvements on that side.

Clearly more testing is needed but the 3 hours today went to good use in
homing in on a possible problem.

-Walter