[evlatests] Report from AD562 -- P-band spectral line

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 2 10:25:07 EDT 2007

    A 9-hour observation at P-band was run yesterday afternoon/evening.
I gave an initial report yesterday afternoon, and will  not repeat the
findings here.  The issues noted there continued through the end of the
run.

    Of greater concern are the many 'holes' that occur in this
database.  There are a total of 7 of these, which account for about 1/3
of the observation duration.  The holes are of varying length, from a
bit over an hour to only 5 minutes.  All but one of them are noted by
the operator (see message below) as due to D10 halting and vispipe no
data.  Ken has prescribed a recovery procedure (which clearly has
helped, as the two longest gaps -- by far -- are the first two).  What
is especially curious is the regularity of the failures.  According to
the loaded data, they occurred at:
       19:47:30
       21:47:30
       23:46:10
       00:47:30
       01:05:05      this one was not noted by the operator -- perhaps a
different problem?
       02:47:30
       03:47:30

    The probability that all (but one) these outages  have the same
minutes and seconds for the failure time has got to be zero.zero.