[evlatests] Update on Positions; Phase stability; RTP on EA14.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Sun Jan 21 20:07:32 EST 2007

1. EA 14, 16, and 24 moved last week. Two baseline runs were
    done on Saturday, and positions could be found for all EVLA
    antennas including 17.

2. Residual phase changes with elevation are +_1 radian on
    the older antennas 13,14,16, and even less on the newer
    23, 24, 26, 17. (All at X band)

3. L352 round-trip meters appear to exist at 13,14,18 and two
    more unidentified antennas.

    mib-1-22 was working, but I  dont know on which antenna.
    mib-0-52 was logging at once/min instead of once/10s, and
             its reading was unchanging.

    The meter on EA14 now changes its response by 5 ps as the
    elevation changes on that antenna, and seems to know when
    the antenna goes over the top (EL >90). It is the only meter
    doing this, it is a new phenomenon, and I noticed it first on
    January 10th, i.e. it started before EA14 was moved.
    From the monitor data archive, it was present Dec 6th. (I do
    not have this monitor point in Oct-Nov). Was the fiber on
    EA 14 'fixed' in some way before Dec 6th?
    I don't know if the meter is telling the truth, but it seems
    to show the diurnal temperature trend correctly.

Vivek.