[evlatests] ea17 acceptance test

Steven Durand sdurand at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 6 18:51:13 EST 2007

Hi

I just completed the Electronics acceptance test on ea 17. The
Electronics acceptance test does not test for fringes or pointing.

The T5 switch power in all three bands seem OK. But the 8 bit RMS values
seem a little high.

Antenna IF channel
Band	X Band	L Band	K Band
A	11.9	14.8	15.6
B	11.0	11.0	11.2
C	9.4	10.9	8.0
D	11.8	11.5	9.6

Anyhow the antennas passes the electronics acceptance test
but Ken just reported

Antenna 17, X band
X band is very weak, down by an order of magnitude in G/T.
There is too much power in the crossed hands, 10 to 20 per cent,
and T_sys looks higher than it ought to be.  It certainly looks
like there is a something wrong the the horn.

I think the antenna may not pass the Operations acceptance test.

--
Steven J. Durand                 National Radio Astronomy Observatory
Electronics Division             1003 Lopezville Road