[evlatests] Terminology

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 6 17:26:12 EST 2007

    The letters A, B, C, and D are all well understood to refer to the
four T304 downconverters, such that 'A' is RCP of IF#1, 'B' is RCP of
IF#2, etc.  I think these should be retained in the descriptors.
    Looking at the existing block diagram, we see that the three outputs
from any one downcoverter are already labelled:  A, A1, and A2, for
example.  (A is the 8-bit output, A1 and A2 are the first and second
3-bit outputs).
    So I suggest retaining this system, despite it being 'wordier'.

    Rick