[evlatests] Quick EVLA System Check

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 5 16:01:50 EST 2007

    It gets stranger ...

    I retrieved the pointing solutions from this morning's run, to find
that antenna 16 gave perfectly good pointing solutions at C, X, and
K-bands.  So, antenna 16 was definitely fringing at the time of this
test.  No solutions reported from antenna 24, however.
    So I then re-filled the data, taking off all flagging, and also
filling the pointing data.  Amazingly -- there are still no data from
antenna 16 present.  So how can the Modcomps see the data in order to
get pointing to work, but that same data fail to be loaded by FILLM?
    But antenna 16 is not the only one giving pointing solutions without
any apparently data -- VLA antenna 6 has the same behavior.

    I also note that the K-band pointing solutions are all quite normal
-- including the apparent flux density.