[evlatests] A humble request for testers

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 13 11:27:17 EST 2007

Hi Testers and Reporters of EVLA problems,

To make my problem diagnoses easier, faster, and less error prone, can I
ask anyone who reports EVLA problems to include in their reports
(especially if idcaf or obs2script is suspected in any way) the following
information:

1. UTC start and stop time and date.  Please provide this as either
year/month/day hour:min:sec or as mjday.fracday, i.e.,

2007/12/7 20:34:37.899  or  54441.8573830

[Note, I have a handy program  /home/parallax/bin/mjd2day  which converts
from the later to the former, and  /home/parallax/bin/day2mjd  which goes
the other way -- feel free to use these.]

Try to be accurate to at least 15 seconds or so -- the log files that
idcaf generates are large, typically 20MB or so a day.

I find statements like "yesterdays test at 1430" to be very hard to
interpret, especially after a few replies.

2. Experiment code

3. A path to find the .obs file (or the evla script, if no .obs file was
used)

Thanks, and happy testing,

Walter