[evlatests] C-Band on Antenna 19

Robert Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:46:23 EDT 2007

Word from Brent Willoughby and his intrepid crew on Antenna 19. They
reinstalled the C-Band receiver (S/N 11) and have it cooling.

The birdy seen last week at about 6.6 GHz is definitely coming from the
P-Band receiver and it has been disconnected from its DC power source
for now. With Chuck away, I'm not sure anyone knows whether it had old
NRAO amps or new commercial units (the former are more excitable and
prone to oscillate).

To summarize, we've gained a C but lost a P for the next little while.
When it finally gets cold, I hope someone will confirm that the L-Band
receiver is now content to coexist peacefully with the new C-Band. It
seemed to get all bent out of shape about it last week...

-Bob