[evlatests] 4-band results

Brigette Hesman bhesman at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:33:38 EDT 2007

I found the following after looking at our 4-band test data from last
night.

1.  Antennas 17 and 26 now show significantly higher amplitudes
(factor of ~10) in RR and LL than in RL and LR. The fix appears to
have worked.

2.  Antenna 12 showed no fringes during the test but was not flagged.

3. Antennas 7, 18 and 19 show very low amplitudes (factor of ~10
smaller than the other antennas)  in all IF's and stokes.

4. Antenna 11 shows equally low amplitudes in RR, LL, RL, LR.
According to Rick, when this problem is observed it likely means that
the dipole is broken on antenna 11 before the polarizer.

Dr. Brigette Hesman
EVLA
Array Operations Center
NRAO