[evlatests] u,v,w, and UVFIX

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 9 10:46:56 EDT 2007

Perhaps we should (re)consider this not only for the EVLA but for the VLBA
as well.  A goal should be to use the same delay and uvw models for the
two instruments.  With the upcoming software correlator we will be able to
do more wide-field VLBI and the same issues we have with wide-field VLA
will come up there.  Does the VLBA calc server already do these
corrections?

My personal opinion is that the UVWs should be in J2000 coordinates (if
that is the right way to put it) like everything else, meaning the
aberation correction needs to be done.  This will make high dynamic range
imaging using multiple configurations more likely.

-Walter